Very few residential land REO’s are available for sale in Ventura County at this time. Most of the REO properties sold in 2009 and 2010, and now only four remain.
Ventura County’s eight primary cities are desirable locations for homebuilders and developers. Home buyers are drawn to the region’s beachside lifestyle (good schools, safe cities, rolling hills and wide open spaces).
However, the County’s restrictions on new developments create a very supply constrained environment for homebuilders. Many homebuilders and developers would love to find the right opportunity at the right price in the area. Now it’s a matter of finding available deals that pencil in the current economic environment.
Homebuilders currently active in Ventura County:
- D.R. Horton building in Thousand Oaks
- Toll Brothers building in Moorpark
- Standard Pacific Communities and Watt Communities building in Simi Valley
- Watt Communities, Standard Pacific Homes and Shea Communities building in Oxnard
- City Ventures building in Ventura
Ventura County Lot Suppy (Source: Hanley Wood):
- 3,812 Tentative Mapped Lots (Approximately 65% of these lots are located in Ventura and Oxnard)
- 1,366 Finished Lots (Approximately 60% of these lots are located in Moorpark)
Source: Michel Faris, Marketing Consultant, (949) 852-8288 x14