- New home sales in Fresno and Madera Counties are still slumping www.ksee24.com
- City of Fresno & City of Clovis together have 2,200 vacant finished lots.
- Central San Joaquin Valley Single Family Permits pulled YTD = about 760
- Foreclosures are down – www.thebusinessjournal.com
- Fresno County unemployment is still hovering around 17%
- One public homebuilder made the most notable lot purchase in 2011 – $85,000 per finished lot in a highly desirable area of Clovis
- This month, the City of Sanger (15 minutes west of Fresno) eliminates development fees for new home construction. www.ksee24.com
- 3Q 2011 – Land Advisors sold 17 acres in Clovis and 112 partially improved lots in Fresno. Both were bank REO transactions.
- Although many REOs sold to investors in 2011, there are still opportunities for investors to buy distressed lots/land.
- Earlier this year Bonadelle Neighborhoods broke ground on the Brighton Master Plan. The first neighborhood will have 161 lots. First home closing is scheduled around Thanksgiving.
- This summer Wilson Homes began construction on Herndon Avenue, building their new plan called “elev8ions” elev8ions.com
- Last Saturday Fresno State Bulldogs traveled to Cal Berkeley… unfortunately the “Dogs” lost 36-21. Next game is this Saturday at Nebraska.
Source: Mark Utman, Marketing Consultant (559) 449-4500 x127