San Diego Marketing Consultant, David Landes, (858) 568-7428 had this to report on the San Diego County land sub-market today:
- Improved lots are still in strong demand.
- Carlsbad continues to supply most of the new product with projects in the master plans of The Foothills, La Costa Oaks, La Costa Greens and La Costa Ridge. DR Horton, KHovnanian, Standard Pacific, Pulte, Davidson, Taylor Morrison, William Lyon, Colrich and Cornerstone are all active in this market.
- New projects in San Elijo Hills are also cropping up. Lennar is under construction on a new attached project and another large, public builder is currently under contract on some of the remaining lots at the top of the hill.
- The apartment groups continue to be aggressive. Several projects are under contract along the 78 Corridor from Vista through San Marcos.
- Several improved lot offerings are in the works along the 56 Corridor up through Del Sur and Rancho Santa Fe. Look for transactions by year end.